2008年4月28日月曜日

Blog Thoughts

To me, the blog project has a noble goal and can help in a lot of ways. The idea of fostering communication and using the language in more "real" scenarios is a good one. However, it's difficult to build a very strong rapport with anybody when we have a limited vocabulary at our disposal and an extremely limited view of who the other people are. I think that this leads to an apathy all around when it comes to keeping up with comments. Maybe when our skills develop a little bit more, our pictures of the other students will flesh out a bit more and we'll find each other more interesting. In any case, there's a lot of potential, but the students have to really want it to work.

2 件のコメント:

Aznbabybop さんのコメント...

O'Malley-san,

I think that some of the points that you made on your blog post were very interesting as well as accurate. Talking to other students I also feel that some of them feel apathatic towards blog. Anyways I hope it will improve next year as well when we learn new material. ^_^

Hilderbee さんのコメント...

This is the third blog I've read evaluating the blogging project, and it seems that the general feelings about it are fairly consistent across schools. I definitely agree that blogging in Japanese will be more enjoyable when we know more. I really love Japanese, but I still get frustrated trying to communicate. I take it your school is keeping the project? I wonder if Knox will...